Vihtavouri N560 - Temp Sensitive?

azsugarbear

Looking at reloading some 95 gr. bullets for my .243 Model 7. The Nosler manual lists Vihtavouri N560 powder as being the most accurate in their tests. Somehow, I remember reading that the Vihtavouri powders are great, but very temp sensitive. I live in AZ where the day can start at 65 degress but climb to 105 degrees within several hours, so this becomes a big factor for me. Does anybody have experience with this powder, especially regarding temp sensitivity?

hi, i use n560 with 7rem and i have best results , no change with temp, for your 243win, temp 65°f,you have press chamber 3150 bar, for v928m/s
temp 105°f you have 3400 press chamber for v 951m/s.
i l live in south france , i have same temp contraints,in the morning 18°c =65
afternoon 42°=115.
i stop vitha N160 very instable with high temp ,so dangerous surpressions.i use this only winter.

I found similarly, N160 bad swings, N560 no problems. N160 while more accurate in the f-class rifle I was using would shoot great 20 shot strings in the morning, but would sometimes pop a primers by the last string of the day. Since I switched to 560 I have had no problems and my scores increased.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.