VETS of LRH

USAF 1986 - 2007
- Avionics, F-4 and A-10 (1986 - 1996)
- Management Analyst (1996 - 2007) - Retired in 2007
- Management Analyst (2007 - present) - Dept of the Air Force,
- CA, PI, SC, AZ, NM, UK, MT, a few deployments in the gulf, EU, Asia, etc ...

Feenix, Cool! Congrats. Better place to be from than to be, but at least it's mellowed some over the years. What was his major? I mighta had him in class (still don't see how to do the slick cut-n-paste thingy like you - guess its in the 'structions)

Gotta brother there in Great Falls (20+ years) - hunted up there several times. Gotta love the long seasons - our Mulies are bigger though :) Good to meet you.

5 years in USN Seabees (2007-2012). Did three desert tours. My contract said I was a Steelworker, but I didn't do much welding for the navy. I always ended up running convoys in Afghan.

-Isaac Pile

A hearty welcome to you too.

I spent my time in I corps also. I was assigned to 1st MAW in Chu Lai, south of Da Nang.

Gus

I spent my frst four months down on Gator (Marines refered to it as "Hardrock five niner"). A little after Tet in 68 I moved out into the Que Son Valley, and did ops with 1st Cav and 101st down south. Once I got mud on my boots in the Que Son I never went back to Highway One again. Did ops out in the Lao border for awhile (lots of unknown hill number and nameless LZ's). Then finally settled in at the southern base of the Hiep Duc Ridge Line. Did ops out of there, but that was home for the next eight months. Was a tough place, but it was home.

Were you in Chu Lai when the blew the place up during Tet in 68? We used to hit the "MAG PX's in Chu Lai whenever we got back in town. Remember walking thru the bone yards looking at all those shot up planes with aircraft carriers names on them often wondering where they had the ships parked out there.
gary

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.