VETS of LRH

crowsnest2002

I know there are a few of us out there. I don't usually post things like this, but I was hoping if you were interested to post your branch/ years of service/ country/ unit. I know some of you might not want to and that is fine. I'm using this as a way to meet and greet other fellow forum members, and maybe share a few memories. So here it goes. Like I said, no offense or deception is being made. If you want to share that is fine, but if not let this thread die out in time.

ARMY Active 2005-2006 Iraq A 1-41INF (Stationed at Ft. Riley)

ARMY IRR 2009-2010 Iraq A 1-120th FA (I was IRR and attached)

I'll jump in:

USN - 5 yrs 23 mo 3 hrs 27 min.

E-6 Nuke, Reactor Operator - Nuke Training Unit, Idaho Falls Idaho - USS Enterprise CVA (N) 65 - LPO #4 Plant. June '64 - Mar '70 - 1 WestPac cruise - Gulf of Tonkin. Was on her when she burned, big time.

I'll jump in:

USN - 5 yrs 23 mo 3 hrs 27 min.

E-6 Nuke, Reactor Operator - Nuke Training Unit, Idaho Falls Idaho - USS Enterprise CVA (N) 65 - LPO #4 Plant. June '64 - Mar '70 - 1 WestPac cruise - Gulf of Tonkin. Was on her when she burned, big time.

USMC 11/'67 to 11/'71 I did 2 WestPac tours and walked around the Enterprise when she was in Subic Bay, I was there on a 30 day deployment.

Gus

US Army 90'-99'

Heavy Weapons Anti Tank Infantry for 6-1/2 years (11HE9)
M1A1 & M1A2 Tank Crewmember for 3-1/2 years (19K)

I was Army. I spent 19 months, two days, and 23 hours and 35 minutes in there. I was with the 3rd of the 16th Arty as part of the 23rd Infantry. Went in June 1967, and ETS'd on the 26th day of Febuary 1969. Of that time I spent 14 months and 21 days in I-Corps
gary

Air Force, 2002-2008 Aircraft Structural Maintenance (glorified sheet metal and rivet guy) Virginia, Korea, North Dakota, Al Udeid Quatar and back to North Dakota in that Order.

16 years US Army and NG. CPT in MP's. Spent most of my time in a suit doing work for the Chief of Staff's office... Secret squirrel stuff I'm not supposed to talk about:rolleyes:

US Navy 28 Apr 81 - 01 Oct 96 GMM1(SW) Slick Willy retired me early when he deleted my job. I would go back tomorrow if they would let me, in fact, I tried to 3 years ago :)

USN 25 May 99- 25 May 03 Signalman/quartermaster/bording team member got out as an SM2(SW).

USS Estocin FFG-15, 2 south pacs, 1 unitas and over 300 days at see every year.
USS Ingerham FFG-61, 1 west pack

I do not regret leaving one bit I hated my shelf living lifestyle.

US Army 6 Jun 2003- 18 Dec 2008 Civil Affairs team sergent

Afghanistan 03-04, Iraq 07-08 (surge)

Best dam time I ever had and I miss it every day.

Thanks for posting guys. It is really a nice thing to see that were not alone out there. Here's a picture from around BIAP during my last tour. I figured the Mid westerners on here would appreciate this one.
35ja6wl.jpg

USAF 89-09 20 yrs, 0 days ret. LtC.
USAFA 85-89 learning to be AF, wishing I was elsewhere enjoying college/hunting :(

Mostly an EngiNerd (AZ, CO, CA, TX, AZ, CA (with lots of KU, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, time), CO - I didn't like it back East much I guess you gather). Never planned to stay that long, just kept working good deals I couldn't pass up.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.