Venison tenderloin marsala with shitake mushrooms and leeks

DZelenka

VENISON TENDERLOIN MARSALA WITH SHITAKE MUSHROOMS AND LEEKS
Cut venison tenderloin into 1 ¾" pieces (about 6 works with the amount of sauce)
Pound them thin from the end (cut side) and trim any sinew
Mix ½ cup flour, 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1 tsp salt
Dredge meat in flour mixture
Heat 3 Tbls of olive oil in large skillet
Cook meat on medium high for 1-2 minutes each side (I used 1 minute or so)
Remove meat from pan and place it in an oven proof plate (I used another frying pan) in the oven preheated to 250.
Put 2 tbls of unsalted butter in the pan used for cooking the meat
Add 4 ounces of sliced shitake mushrooms, 2 cloves of minced garlic and the bottom 5" of a leek halved and sliced very thin
Saute on medium until leek is tender (3 to 5 minutes)
Remove mushrooms/leeks from the pan and place in oven with meat
Deglaze pan with 1 cup Marsala wine and the juice of 1 lemon; bring to a boil, then simmer until liquid is reduced by half
Add 1 cup of chicken stock and return to boil. Simmer over medium high heat until reduced to about 4 tablespoons
Whisk in 2 tablespoons of cold butter
Return the meat and mushrooms to the pan and coat with the sauce while warming
Serve meat topped with mushroom/leek mixture (it goes really well with Cakebread Pinot Noir)

Hmm, that receipe sounds really good. It makes me drool already just by thinking about how the venison is going to taste like. I love venison, but my wife hates the gamey taste. I'm going to try the receipe and hope she will like it.

I have some logs in the greenhouse that are innoculated with shitake mushrooms. The next crop of mushrooms ,I am going to try this.

There are a couple hickory and poular logs with oyster mushrooms on them nearby ...I see a local variation of this on the menu as soon as it warms up!!!!!

just ahead of you...had tenderlion eggs hashbrown and toast.....i guess diet starts tomorrow...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts