• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Varmint/Tactical Stock for Rem700 w/pics

trebark

Here's my laminate varmint/tactical stock. It is inlet for a Rem700 right-hand short-action. The forearm will accommodate a bull-barrel. It was made by Sharp Shooter Supply (Sharp Shooter Laminate Varmint Tactical Centerfire Stock) for http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-308-1k-rifle-evolution-continues-43510/ project.

It is stained in walnut with satin polyurethane finish. It has an adjustable comb. In order to keep the fastening bolt from crushing the stock, a stainless steel washer is epoxied in place where the bolt would contact the stock. It is both pillar and skim bedded. The vertical grip is awesome with a very comfortable palm swell.

What's it worth?

Stock: $350
Adjustable Comb: $65
Skim Bedding: $100
Total: $515
(bipod not included)

You can have it for $450 includes shipping to your door.

Stainless steel washer epoxied in place

2.5" wide forearm

Can the adjustable comb knob be switched to the other side of the stock for a left handed shooter?? Also how wide is the barrel channel??

Can the adjustable comb knob be switched to the other side of the stock for a left handed shooter?? Also how wide is the barrel channel??

The comb knob certainly could be switched. Just drill a hole through to the other side of the stock. As for the barrel channel, a Remington varmint contour barrel (.850 at the muzzle) fit with room to spare. A 1" diameter barrel would easily free float.

Thanks. The barreled action I am considering this for has a 1.250 no taper barrel. Do you think it would fit?

Thanks. The barreled action I am considering this for has a 1.250 no taper barrel. Do you think it would fit?

As the stock is now, it appears as though you could get a 1.0625" diameter barrel in the forearm. There is plenty of material all the way around though. This means you could easily open the barrel channel in order to accommodate a 1.250" barrel.