Varmint Scope Selection

14 to 16 power, the make and model is determined by $. Past 15 power you lose a lot of field of view and mirage gets ugly - not sure you get much mirage up there tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Tactical turrets are good if you want to shoot long, reticle should be fine, rangefinder stuff on it can be good. Get a Scope Coat or flip-up lens protectors when you buy it.
Good luck with your decision.

A Meopta Tactical 4-16x44 (adjustable parallax) would be a very nice choice....both rifle and scope being Czech. Meopta products are very good. (That said I prefer S&B ....depends what you would like to spend). Sorry I know this is a magnification question I only mentioned Meopta as it is also Czech.

David.

The Leupold 6.5-20x40AO is the perfect mate for a 22-250. I have 2 of them and they are both never turned off of 20 power. At 300-500 yards they have plenty of field of view. The fine duplex allows for some real precise shooting. Be wary of the off brands that are not clear at full magnification. Neither of my 20 power rigs ever have much trouble with mirage. My 32 power Black Diamond will get some on a really hot day.

22-250 for "geese", man you guys get to have all the fun up there!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
22-250 for "geese", man you guys get to have all the fun up there!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's for when we don't use our 12 & 20 gauge. When they are already down, they can see us coming 300yrds away and take off. Yep it is fun "Canada Goose & Snow Geese, by the thousands.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.