Varmint Rifle Stocks-Which Brand?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Dskiper, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dskiper

Dskiper Well-Known Member

Hello shooters, I have rem.700-.22-250 that I'd like to change the stock on. I want a decent synthetic. How does a B&C Medalist compare to HS Precision Pro in avarmint model? I don't want any injection molded stock. Any other drop in brands that you like? Thanks, Dskiper

2. bowhunthard

bowhunthard Well-Known Member

HS is really nice, but I'd probably go with the Bell and Carlson stocks because of price. And don't knock the B&C stocks either they're a really nice stock, I have a tactical style Medalist on my Rem VTR in .308 and I love it. You really can't tell the difference between the HS and the B&C Medalists.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, Choate make a decent stock. But... If you can afford it, I'd personally buy the Bell and Carlson.

Where in NJ are you located, I'm in Sussex County lol.

Good luck.

3. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

try ACCURATE INOVATIONS, best of both worlds, synthetic strength with the great looks of wood. AND a true "drop in". great people to deal with also.

4. flyin lizard

flyin lizard Well-Known Member

I have a B &C var/tac on my savage 22-250 and it is great,theonly problem was the 8 week wait for the stock,but it was worth it..

5. long range dogr

long range dogr Well-Known Member

The B&C Medalist is a very good stock for the money.But like said above,i would also check out the new Choate tactical stock.......

6. Dskiper

Dskiper Well-Known Member

Yes, I pulled the trigger on a HS Pro. varmint model from Cabelas. Got some gift cards for Xmas+coupons so its in the mail. Anyone need a Rem. Vls stock cheap?Thanks for the opinions! Dskiper

7. lewwetzel

lewwetzel Well-Known Member

stockysstocks.com has some H-S Precision stocks on sale...