Varmint load for 243. win for shots between 25-500 Yards

matt_3479

I hunt a couple places where shots can be extremely close and i know the 243. win will hammer them, but i also hunt where shots can be longer then 500 yards but my comfort zone is no longer then 500 yards. The average shot is 350 yards or less. I will be hunting coyote. I have a 7mm rem mag for whitetail and larger, as well as a 300. wsm for them moose. I dont need a bullet for coyote and whitetail just for medium range coyote hunting. Please some advice. I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint with a 26" barrel and a 1:9 1/8" twist.

I have the exact same gun,,with lot's of different loads,,the one I'm favouring now is a 6mm 55gr nossler varmint ballistic tip,,with a hefty load of h4895 and a muzzle velocity of 3995 fps.I plan on using it this winter on coyotes,,I would imagine it's more then enough to take down a coyote at the ranges you are talking,,I have only shot this load out to 327 yards at targets,,and usually groups under 2'' moa

MY Brother uses a 55 baltip and a big load of varget. i use 70 baltip. and 88 berger and either varget or I4064

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.