Varmint gernades

Firearrow

Just got some varmint grenades to load up for my AR. I use TAC right now for my regular loads. Has anyone used TAC for the VG, and if so did you like the results?

I shot them in my .223 with varget. Wasn't too impressed with my groups did average a 1.25 3 shot group at 100. They do a good job on the animal, but biggest thing I shot was ground hogs.

yes I use tac on my .223 shooting the 36 grain vg my load that shoots very well in my savage bolt and Remington bolt and the A-R is 28.5g tac with over all length of 2.19 any of them will take a tweety bird at 100y cant ask for any better than that :D

they work in mine with out an ishu even 30 rounds on full . MPG's are good for longer shots the V.G.'s are great for squirrel they POP!! at 100y with the MPG's they just drop with no POP best way I can explain it . Big thing is clean and use copper cleaner in the A/R every time out on ether one.

Is it ok to use a cleaner with ammonia in a chrome lined barrel? Just got some 50 BMG for my bolt rifle. Figured I would ask before I did it.

I was understanding the VG's had too soft a bullet and did not hold up to the hard handling of the autoloading. Not necessarily on the first but if it auto loaded two or three times, bullet can come apart in and lodge in the barrel. Next bullet loads and you have AR 15 parts all over. But in your defense one would think BARNES would warn against use in AR's.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts