varmint build looking for help

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by jkrueger, Jun 12, 2012.

1. jkrueger

jkrueger Well-Known Member

I am putting together a 20 Vartarg on a stevens 200 short action and having trouble coming up with some important pieces for the build. Namely a 20 vartarg go gauge and a 3 screw savage trigger, anyone have a lead on either of these items? I know I can throw a rifle basix in and have an excellent trigger but I have a 223 with a well adjusted 3 screw with a .039 spring wire that I am very happy with and would like to replicate that trigger.

2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Man good luck. Pacific Tool and Gague would be the only suggestin I could gome up with for the go/no go guages. As for the trigger try Bob's Gun Parts.

All Availble Savage Gun Repair Parts-Bob's Gun Shop,Stevens Gun Repair Parts- Springfield Gun Repair Parts.  Stevens Factory Gun Parts, Savage Factory Gun Repair Parts, Springfield Factory Gun Repair Parts, Stevens 22 Rigfle Parts, Stevens Double Sho

3. rscott5028

rscott5028 Well-Known Member

not familiar with 20 vartag

appears to be 221 Rem Fireball necked down

as such, I'd think you could use 221 Rem Fireball go/no-go gauges

these are available here among other places...
    221 Rem Fireball

but, do your homework and don't take my word for it

good luck!
    richard

4. jkrueger

jkrueger Well-Known Member

Vartarg shoulder angle is blown out so that will not work, the best I have come up with so far is Midway USA which is out of stock supposedly until 7/9

5. rscott5028

rscott5028 Well-Known Member

makes sense

even so, it may be best given that it's a wildcat, to do as Wildrose suggested and get the reamer mfg to make one