Vanguard 2 or tikka t3

darrindlh

Guys,
I can tell you I have posted tnus question before. However I could not get over the fact that I I had to send my brand new Remmington 700 out of the box back to get fixed. So I sold it and will never buy another one. Im looking for a new rifle. The new vanguard seris 2 submoa $420.00. Or a tikka t3 lite. Both will be bedded in a maners t4. Which one.is there another one I should look at. Remmember I need a budget longrange rig.

Darrin

I would go with a savage over any thing do to its out of the box accuracy, versatility and user friendly mechanics. After That the Tikka is a lot of rifle who's biggest issue (if it is an issue) is the stock and your plan removes that argument right off the bat. No experience with the vanguard so take it for what it's worth. Good luck

I've had savages and t3's and I personally like the t3's a little more. But the savage is a close second. Both great guns. Just get a stainless t3 because from my experience the blued ones rust easy. Yes I take care of my guns...

I have six Tikka T-3's and at least that many vanguards. Both are excellent rifles and very accurate. I have been using the Tikka's lately because they are so light. I have no problem with accurate bullets feeding through the magazine except for the extremely long 225 grain cutting edge bullets in my 338 SIN. The 338 winchester, 300 winchester with C-21 cutting edge bullets and my 300 wsm with the same bullets all feed well and are easy 800 yard rifles out of the box. So far this year I have a 922 yard kill with the 300 winchester and 800+ yard kill with the 338 SIN. Last year I had kills over 800 yards with the 338 winchester. They are very good hunting rifles but carry like a BB gun air rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.