• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Value question

rijaxon

I have a Rem. 700 BDL as new in .223, with Leupold base and rings. What is it worth?

Flavor of stock?

Type of barrel (Stainless, moly, Varmint, sporter, or?)

Length of barrel?

Any work done to the rifle?

Anything wrong with the rifle?

# of rounds down the tube?

Rem 700

It's a 700 BDL Walnut stock, black tip forearm 24" blue bull bbl. It's had a quality trigger job to about 2.5 lbs. I'm sure I've never shot over 100 rds in the 10-15 years I've owned it. It still looks new. Before I got set up to reload for it, I took some inexpensive fmj to the range and it shot same hole at 100 yds. with two shots. I about died. Through my scope, I thought I had missed paper. It has Leupold base and rings and a Leupold Vari X III 6.5X20. Also, as new.

I've seen those rifles (various calibers) go from $550.00 - 650.00. I think what you have is an original Model 700 VS (Varmint Special not to be confused with the Varmint Synthetic). Not sure of the exact dates of mfg but they were plentiful during the 70's. I've owned two, one in .22-250 and another in .243. I paid about $500-600 for them. Great little rifles. Wish I still had them. JohnnyK

It's a 700 BDL Walnut stock, black tip forearm 24" blue bull bbl. It's had a quality trigger job to about 2.5 lbs. I'm sure I've never shot over 100 rds in the 10-15 years I've owned it. It still looks new. Before I got set up to reload for it, I took some inexpensive fmj to the range and it shot same hole at 100 yds. with two shots. I about died. Through my scope, I thought I had missed paper. It has Leupold base and rings and a Leupold Vari X III 6.5X20. Also, as new.
Would you like to sell the 223 with scope? I would be interested. My number is 325-725-4303 Thanks Bowrifle

Call

I'll call you on Monday if that's alright. I'd prefer to sell it with the scope because my buddy who's interested can only afford the rifle. I'll have no use for the scope if he doesn't. I quoted him $700 for the rifle with the Leupold base and rings. Based on what I've seen listed, the scope seems to be in the $500 to $550range. It does not have the turrets but there are aftermarket turrets for $50. It is as new, as is the rifle. I have the box for the scope but not sure about the rifle box. I'll look for it and let you know when I call.
Regards,
Rick

Last edited:

Recent Posts