Value of a rem 700 LH action, .308, some tuning done.

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by Oliveralan, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

Hello,
    im a new member but have been reading lot of posts on here.

I have a Remington 700 BDL short action. LH. It has been slightly reworked by Clay Spencer (spencerriflebarrels.com) the lugs have been lapped trigger assembly polished, crisp break at 2lbs. I'm not sure if I want to go with a stiller or stay with this one. Can someone tell me what it's worth? Fired off around 180 rounds with it, kept it all very clean. Just a rough estimate, or if someone would like to make an offer. I would also be willing to sell the barrel with it. It has been lapped and index crowned, also by Clay Spencer. Will only ship to licensed FFL dealer.

Thanks,
    Oliver

2. Oliveralan

Bump come on people.

3. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

OK you asked for it

Completely trued 700s go for no more than about $450 to absolute max $500, but plan on $450

BH

4. Oliveralan

Ok thanks. I'm just curios because I may sell it and buy a stiller rather than have it blueprinted

5. lewellan2

lewellan2 Well-Known Member

if you plan to have it blueprinted, depending on how much you have in it to date, you may be way ahead to sell it for $450 ?? barreled $550 and buy the custom action.
    Dano

6. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

Don't listen to those guys. It's only worth about $50. Where do I send the money?:D:D:D

I think BH gave you a pretty good estimate.

7. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

BH gave you a pretty good range----that is why I do not use Remmy actions. Go with one that has already had the work done -- just for example a Stiller or others.

8. mtstcon

mtstcon Active Member

So, is this action & barrel for sale @ $450?

9. Oliveralan

Took the rifle to the range yesterday and shot 3 5shot groups under 1/4inch! Best one being .19" center to center. 168srmk 44.6grain varget win brass cci br2 primer. I think I'll keep this one :)