Value of 338 lapua improved custom rifle

brandem

I have a question on the value of a set of custom rifles built by Bill Eck of Oregon. The original owner wants to sell and each rifle cost 5000.00 to build and I want to come up with a realistic offer. Does anyone have any idea what these are worth?

I have a question on the value of a set of custom rifles built by Bill Eck of Oregon. The original owner wants to sell and each rifle cost 5000.00 to build and I want to come up with a realistic offer. Does anyone have any idea what these are worth?

Doubt they cost $5000 to build. Might have sold for $5000 though:D

Without knowing the components I do not see how anyone can give any estimate. Actions vary in price from $500 savage to $1500 BAT etc etc

How many rounds downrange?

Do custom dies, brass etc come with it?

Are we talking a $500 stock or custom $1200 Russo

Since I recently priced all this out for a project I am doing, I'd say that it is around 1,000 over priced for a new rifle.

Then discount it more to account for the round count and you are in the mid-$3,000 range.

My assumption is based off of my build:

Defiance Deviant Action: Seekins cut out, Heavy Tang, Plunger Extractor
Manners TF-1, Mini Chassis for CIP Mag, 6 QR Sling mounts
Huber Trigger
Bartlien Barrel: Gain Twist, 8 Flutes, Stainless Steel
Gun Smithing: Chamber Rifle and Tread and install muzzle brake
Custom Dies from Whidden Gun Works
PTG Carbide Reamer with go/no-go gauges

I list all this so you can compare apples to apples. You will find that none of that is cheap as spec'd. In fact that is quite a bit more with all the upgrades and I don't even get to the $5,000 mark by a long shot!

In fact I'd say +/- a few hundred from the $3,000 mark would be a good deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.