Utah Sheriff's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

MontanaRifleman

Taken from the last paragraph of the letter...

[FONT=&quot]We respect the office of the President of the United States of America. But make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No Federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights – in particular Amendment II – has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation

http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2nd Amendment Letter.pdf
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Re: Utah Sherrif's Association writes Pres Obama a Letter

Now who would have thought Utah would have been the State to show the rest of the Nation's law enforcement agencies what fidelity to your oath means? Notice there is a name of every Sheriff on that letter. Does that remind you of another document?

There's a coalition of sheriffs in Ca (of all places) that have said exactly the same thing. I'll see if I can find the youtube vid of the meeting

and more

Last edited by a moderator:
We all need to write a letter tomorrow to President Obama and our local congress people, and Governor.

It's time we start rolling back the clock to the constitution instead of write a new one. It's my opinion that liberals and possibly many new immigrants of the past 20 or so years want a new constitution. One more similar to where they came from. (But keep the goodies for them in ours!) Just add the goodies from theirs in. I also think President Obama wants to take a step toward a world Government whereas America is shared with other countries. Obviously this won't happen over night, but I do think that every inch towards avoiding American citizens rights in the 2nd amendment is a first step in that direction.

Utah Sheriff's are pretty respectable for standing up for our rights. I might be moving there.

WOW . Now I would go the extra mile to help any Law Officer with that kind of dedication to his country !!!! "Prepaired to trade our lives " It may very well come down to that !!

Utah Sheriff's are pretty respectable for standing up for our rights. I might be moving there.

You nailed it. You can respect men like that.

WOW . Now I would go the extra mile to help any Law Officer with that kind of dedication to his country !!!! "Prepaired to trade our lives " It may very well come down to that !!

Yup.

The thing that makes a bold stand such as this is not only the resolve of Utah's Sheriff's but that they could deputize almost every able person in the State and field a militia overnight. Generally speaking, I wouldn't question their resolve to see something like this all the way through. Utah's not like other places and neither are it's people.

There's a coalition of sheriffs in Ca (of all places) that have said exactly the same thing. I'll see if I can find the youtube vid of the meeting

Sheriffs Stand TALL for the Constitution - YouTube

More
Sheriff Mack - Leader - Sheriff's Begin Revolt Against Federal Authority - YouTube

and more
Kentucky Sheriff WILL NOT disarm his County. "Bye Bye Feds" - YouTube

I lived in CA for 2 years and there are a lot of good folks there, especially Northern CA. Unfortunately, they are being outnumbered and overrun by liberal flakes.

Good vids, I've seen the Sheriff Mack one before.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.