Utah 1k shooters

goodgrouper

The carbon county shooters will be having their last match this weekend before closing down for the summer. That is the 21st of April (Saturday) outside the town of Wellington.

Email me if you would like to attend and need directions to the range.

Bring all the gear you need for 1000, 800, 500, and 100 yard matches including lots of $1 bills.

GG
Can I just mail you my dollar bills?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Save the gas money and the long drive home with empty pockets!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What time do they start?

I do have some fire form loads to shoot!!
maybe they will make the trip to 1K!

CAM

[ QUOTE ]
GG
Can I just mail you my dollar bills??
Save the gas money and the long drive home with empty pockets!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

But where's the fun in that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We start at 10:00AM but guys usually start showing up at 8:30 or 9:00 to get warmed up and sighted in. If you can make it, I think you'll enjoy it.

GG,
Thanks for the invite to the match. My wife and I had a good time. Sure was nice to meet the rest of you guys (didn't get screen names). That wind was brutal! It was also educational. I would usually go home in wind like that.

Coming home I was surprised to find clear skies and light wind. So, my wife and I added the shotguns to our collection of guns and headed to the local spot. Shooting the 8" at 800 I started with 2 minutes of wind (not 6, then 4,then 2, then 5). Donk, donk.... Then, my wife wanted to try. Didn't take long for her to start ringin' the gong. Soon, the wind died all together. Just cake after that. My wife sure enjoyed it.

Anyway, thanks again. It was fun, and got my wife started. Hope the wind gave you guys a break after I left.

Re: Utah 1k plate shoot pics

You are welcome any time! Hope you can make the next one and I hope it is a bit warmer and calmer! That was the coldest day I've ever spent in the San Rafael Swell. And the windiest.

The old guy in white beard was Old bear. And you knew Unc B. The other guys in our crew don't really come to LRH.com.

After you left, the skies cleared up and the temp went up about 15 degrees and the wind backed off to about 5 mph but the mirage got really nasty. We shot a few more matches and blew up some dynos. Someone hit one of the 1k dynos square in the center and it didn't go off! Must have gotten wet in the rain.

Uncle B and I were in a shootoff in the last match of the day at about 5:00 pm and then we packed up and went over to see the progress on the new North Spring range. It looked like it hasn't seen any work in a month. Still no pavement and no target frames hung. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am glad to hear your wife had fun. Next time, maybe she will want to shoot a plate.

Anyhow, I took some pics of the match and thought I'd post them:

aprilplateshoot.jpg

Half the firing line:
aprilplateshoot2.jpg

The biggest bench I have ever seen!
aprilplateshoot3.jpg

full firing line with a few benches hidden at the end:
aprilplateshoot4.jpg

aprilplateshoot5.jpg

What was the majority of the field shooting? Uncleb is that your new 6br imp. and if it is where is the muzzle brake? I sent my krieger barrel to Utah today, can't wait. IP

There were quite a few 6.5-284's, several 300 win mags, a couple 6-284's, three 6br's, a couple 300 ultras, a 300 wsm, 30-06, 243's, two 6 ppc's, two 7mm mags, a 6.5x47 lapua, a 6.5 wssm, a 223 and even a 204 Ruger!

The red gun is B's 6-284. The blue gun is my 6.5-.284. The black and white gun was wildman's 6.5 wssm on his new behemoth bench.

I thought we might see you down there IP. What happened?

I was planning to come but I was inform of a wedding in Utah I said I would be at. I thought of you 2 all day long. I might have the opportunity to buy a olympus borescope. Whats your feelings about it? I will be there the first month it comes back. I sent my pipe to Joe. IP

Don't know too much about the Olympus. Will have to research it some.

Good to hear you finally got your pipe. It is in good hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GG,

Is that a Leupold 6.5-20 I see on your rifle. If so, how's the resolution at 1000? What other scopes are you seeing there and can you comment on their 1000 yd res?

On warmer days, if you can call 15 degrees warmer, are you having to back off on the power ring to make good corrections?

Big Al

Actually, my scope and the one on Uncle B's gun are 8.5-25x50 LRT's. However, I do have a few of the 6.5-20's on other guns. I love them both.

THere was a Heinz 57 of all scopes at this match. I saw NF, Springfields, Weavers, Ior, Zeiss, Burris, Bushnell, and others. The majority were still probably Leupolds though.

I've looked through a lot of scopes at 1k and the best ones for all around use are still NF and Leupold. 7mmrhb got to look through a vx-7 the other day and he said it was absolutely unbelievable. The resolution was incredible and they have put a few new gadgets on it as well. I suspect it will be showing up on 1k lines before long.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.