used kestrel 2500 or 3500??

Frogman77

Hey guys, newbie here. Sorry if I"m posting in the wrong area but I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to buy a used kestrel 2500 or 3500?? Does anyone sell preowned stuff online?? Just getting started and I'm just trying to save some money where I can...This stuff starts to add up really quick!!

Thanks in advance!

thanks for the rec on the brunton...I think I might just go with it...I can buy a brunton adc summit new shipped for 60.00 online!! all i ever heard or read was about the kestrels....

look at the numbers on a balistic table and just change the altitude. why is the drop so much different when you leave the BP the same.

No malice intent Dave. Just trying to understand. In some types of ballistic software you don't need to put in altitude if you use "uncorrected pressure". Maybe you can't get '"uncorrected pressure" w/o having the "altitude" function on the Kestrel.

i just got my kestrel in the mail yesterday...and it gives raw pressure or absolute pressure, station pressure....I think all three terms are the same? It also has options to enter a reference altitude or reference pressure to get accurate altitude or accurate bp depending on what your application is...in the manual it states that for use with ballistic softwares to leave the settings as they are and use the absolute pressure at your location.

i just got my kestrel in the mail yesterday...and it gives raw pressure or absolute pressure, station pressure....I think all three terms are the same? It also has options to enter a reference altitude or reference pressure to get accurate altitude or accurate bp depending on what your application is...in the manual it states that for use with ballistic softwares to leave the settings as they are and use the absolute pressure at your location.

Did you get the 3500? Is the absolute pressure "uncorrected pressure"?

What I mean by "uncorrected pressure" is it's not adjusted for altitude. Just trying to get a better handle on some things here.:)

3500, only because i got a really good deal on it...yes, it is uncorrected. you can correct for either altitude or pressure.

meaning you can input your exact altitude and it will read the pressure trends based on the weather.

or

you can input your reference pressure for where you start at and then as you climb you will get your accurate altitudes.

or
leave both reference settings at 0 and do neither and it will give you station pressure or uncorrected pressure at your location.

at least that's what I can get from the manual after reading it a few times.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.