US shooting team 10/22

dave_halsey

Got this little number back in high school around 06 brand new. Not sure how many where made or are still around? The number on it is sn: USST00424. Any info on value?

Attachments

• 20220404_200217.jpg
    20220404_200217.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 257
  • 20220404_200211.jpg
    20220404_200211.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 237
  • 20220404_200204.jpg
    20220404_200204.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 239
I can remember seeing these on the shelves when they came out and really wishing they made a lefty. Very awesome looking rifle. Have you tried contacting Ruger to see how many where made?

Other than the special "ruger/ usa shooting team" markings-- it's just a Boyd's Baracuda stock in red/white/blue with a match/bull barrel. 10/22's have basically been the same since they first came out ( with a few small changes over the years)
It's gonna depend on the buyer

The 2020 talo model ( a 10/22 takedown with r/w/b Boyd's stock and backpack) sold new for $350-500 depending on where/when you bought them.....they are limited production and special serial numbers but im not sure how "collectable" they really are.

Last edited:
Other than the special "ruger/ usa shooting team" markings-- it's just a Boyd's Baracuda stock in red/white/blue with a match/bull barrel.
It's gonna depend on the buyer

The 2020 talo model ( a 10/22 takedown with r/w/b Boyd's stock and backpack) sold new for $350-500 depending on where/when you bought them.....they are limited production and special serial numbers but im not sure how "collectable" they really are.
I got this one back when i was in high school around 05/06 era.

I found one on consignment last fall and paid 1K for it. Not sure I would gauge value off my purchase, as I did not make an offer, and I Needed:) a 10-22 the next day.
I ran my serial number, and it was made in 07, so if yours was made in 05, that is 3 yrs of production. I look at mine as different, not a collector pc, and another reason I paid full price, the stock will be a donor for the kid's next door 10-22, which I had chopped down to fit him. Mine was getting a replacement stock regardless, even though I am slightly fond of this one the more I shoot it.

UH - I have seen these new at Walmart over the few months, so they obviously realized today there a market for them..
There will always be a market for 10/22's, they are a blast to shoot. Did some research on the one i have its number 424 of 2008 made back in 06.

There will always be a market for 10/22's, they are a blast to shoot. Did some research on the one i have its number 424 of 2008 made back in 06.
You ever find a value? I looked the other day, and this am after 436 posted a link to blue book values, which yielded nothing for me.
There are 2 race rifles on gun broker listed at 1092. They are the brown laminate, by ruger forums some say newer, others say older than yours, w/o a serial number, no way to check. I may have overpaid, but I was in the moment, plus I loathe the thin barrel bone stock 10/22's, but I would not bid 1092 on a Ruger when Kidd, Volquartsen, and Tac Sol all make better rifles for around the same price. Both Guns America and Guns Intl have sold adds with no price.

None of my business if you plan to sell, but you will not replace it with a Ruger with a 20" barrel, those days are gone, 16" now. Plus, those older rifles seem to handle the 15 & 25 rd mags way better than newer models. I have sorted through my share of Ruger target models over the last decade and own none of them today. I'm keeping mine, if for no reason other than the wife loves it, and when she is loading mags, I am not answering questions, lol

You ever find a value? I looked the other day, and this am after 436 posted a link to blue book values, which yielded nothing for me.
There are 2 race rifles on gun broker listed at 1092. They are the brown laminate, by ruger forums some say newer, others say older than yours, w/o a serial number, no way to check. I may have overpaid, but I was in the moment, plus I loathe the thin barrel bone stock 10/22's, but I would not bid 1092 on a Ruger when Kidd, Volquartsen, and Tac Sol all make better rifles for around the same price. Both Guns America and Guns Intl have sold adds with no price.

None of my business if you plan to sell, but you will not replace it with a Ruger with a 20" barrel, those days are gone, 16" now. Plus, those older rifles seem to handle the 15 & 25 rd mags way better than newer models. I have sorted through my share of Ruger target models over the last decade and own none of them today. I'm keeping mine, if for no reason other than the wife loves it, and when she is loading mags, I am not answering questions, lol
I couldn't find a solid " blue book" price on it, heck I don't even remember what I paid for it back in high school haha. I know i got # 424 and my dad got #425 on the same day i turned 18. I dont think I will sell it, ive got kids that need some cool guns left to them:).

The last two I saw sell online were $600 and $650. There was another listed at $700 with scope that did not sell. That seems to be about a $200 premium over the standard Target model of that era which have been selling for $400-450.