US optics SN-3?

Ian B

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone here who owns the USO SN-3 how they like it.
I have no doubt its a good scope but how do you guys like yours would you buy it again or do something else I am thinking about getting one.

I am going to go visit a high end optics dealer in person in the coming weeks and do some side by sides against other top of the line scopes USO, S&B,PR, NF, some stuff from Vortex the Razor and the PST because I am interested. :cool:

Any thing you guys want me to look for?

I have the SN3 T-Pal with the EREK elevation. This is a great piece of glass. US Optics takes a lot of time with their optics and making sure that their customers are happy. What applications are you looking to use it for? I have the mil dot rreticle. These are very durable and will not give you any issues in my opinion. If you have any specific questions let me know I'm more than happy to help if I can

CB

Thank you for the reply. Basically this scope will go on a new build a sort of light weight 6.5x47 laupa for some back packing and some completion shooting.
I am looking at the 3.8-17x 44 non t pal version with 1/4" EREK elevation and us #1 wind. With the type 1 moa reticule not sure if I have the name correct on that ill look it up on the computer latter on but in the mean time its the one with no stadia on the top vertical line. I am all so liking the idea of the new internal bubble level they have. How do you like the EREK turret and the t pal?

You will enojoy your scope I'm sure they are great. I really like the EREK and the T-pal I will recommend once you have all of your load data and you have had the opportunity to get your rifle on a Crony spend the $50 and get the custom EREK turret I did it for two different rifles and both are spot on. Just food for thought. I will say this they generally have a long wait for their scopes and it will take a few months to get it from them but it was worth the wait in my opinion.

CB

Ya the USO scopes seem really awesome being customizable and of high quality.
plus their still less money than the S&Bs and PRs.

I should be able to buy one with out the wait.
The place I am going to keeps them in stock might not be able to find exactly the one I want but it might not be that big of a deal.
It will be cool to finally get to look at one in the and stack it up against some of the other 2k and up scopes the USO and the hensoldt are the only ones out of the lot I have not messed around with at one time or another.

Couple more question for you if you dont mind.

I was reading on one of the forms somewhere that the T-pal and ERGO is accurate enough you can almost range with it is that true or B.S.

What are the BDC range increments in the picture makes it look like you can get it pretty fine.

And did you ever use their posa quick mounts?

Hey thanks again man for the reply your the only one haha.

Depending on the reticle that you are using you can range wih the scop. I shoot mildots and have used it to range tatgets if you have a good range finder it is always nice if you have the time to use both to range .

The BDC turrets are customized to your needs. It will depend on what distance you zero at and how far you want the turret to go out to. Considering the price of the scope it is a realitivly inexpensive feature that I think is nice to have once you have the load date developed.

Just my to cents if your dealer does not have exactly what you are looking for and you have the time to wait to order one I would not settle for anything less that what you need. I have done it in the past as well as several other shooters and I have always sent it back in to have the adjustments made just my opinion.

I have not used their posa mounts

Hope this helps you out

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.