US Optics scopes

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Mike375, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Mike375

Mike375 Active Member

Any opinions on US Optics scopes compared to Leupold Mk 1V.

A friend of mine in Australia is looking at US Optics as an alternative to getting Leupold Mk 1V and sending to Premier Reticles for dots.

The caliber is 25/300 Winchester and for long range field use only.

Thanks.

Mike

2. cbjames

cbjames Member

US Optics will blow the Leupold away for edge-to-edge quality. I suggest them very much. I have used them on the .338 Win Mag, 338-378WM, .30-378WM and a SingleShooter T/C Encore in 340 Weatherby.

I would rank the scopes along with a Burris Scope Black Diamond in quality and clarity.

Leupold is still hard to beat for the $$$, but if set on US Optics, you can not go wrong!

Long Range Shooting Positions - the Weatherbyman Website

Let me know where I can help further on this choice.

3. Mike375

Mike375 Active Member

Firstly,what is a Burris Scope Black Diamond

If he was to outlay extra money to get a US Optics it would be mainly if that scope was superior in the mechanical areas such as adjustments ascompared to Leupold Mk IV

Mike

4. cbjames

cbjames Member

Burris Black Diamond 30MM Tube, in the 6-24 X 50MM Ballistic Mill Dot is even better than the US Optics for serious Long Range Work. The clarity is unreal!

Leupold M-IV is going to be hard to beat, but the Burris Black Diamond for under $700 will be every bit as good as the Leupold and carries a lifetime warranty like the Leupold.

Check out the Burris Website:

Burris Website

The Weatherbyman Website