Upgrade

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Tikkamike, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I had to tell someone! nothing great but im still excited... I just ordered a Timney for my LSS 300 ultra

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Thats super what did you do with the old trigger I need one if its not an Xmark?

Jon

3. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

Sounds good let us know how it works.

4. Tikkamike

it better work exactly like the one on my 338! that one is great so I expect identical results

5. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

I feel ya, I had my factory trigger reworked, and i was great, but it just doesnt compare to my Rifle basix trigger on my LSS.

6. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Ditto

7. rscott5028

rscott5028 Well-Known Member

I just finished building a 6BR on a Stiller TAC-30 action and fully intended to go with a Jewell trigger.

But, I was in a hurry to shoot it over the weekend and the local shop had a Timney which I figured on swapping with a Jewll later on.

It seems to be a real tack driver. So, I'm not so sure the Jewell is necessary.

Good luck!
    Richard

8. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I use the Timney on my custom 338RUM, i'm really happy with it, but to be fair, I have only played with a Jewel, never fired one. The way this Timney is treating me, I probably won't.:D

9. Tikkamike

Got the trigger put in last night. the stock needed a tiny bit to trimming to clear the weight adjustment screw but it went together very smoothly and its a delightfully crisp 2 lbs now which is identical to my 338.

10. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

They go together easily don't they! I will give Remington a hats off for that, I remember the first Savage trigger swap I did.....wow....:D

I've been really happy with my Timney, installed easily, works great & the instructions are actually legible!

11. Tikkamike

yeah its the second one I have done and I can honestly say i have no complaints