Updated computer software finally avilable

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it has quite a bit to do with ballistics.

I know some of you emailed me a while ago and expressed an interest for a copy of "The Reloader's Archive" window's program. I am very sorry it has taken so long to "iron" out the details of this program. I just can't stand it when my programs aren't perfect. Well, as perfect as a program can be. I am now announcing version 2.0's completion and that it's available as of now. If any one is interested in a copy, please email me or reply in a post.

This version includes the "reticle analyzer" that allows you to enter you bullet drops and wind drift, and it will show you in a diagram of a mil-dot, 2nd generation mil-dot, NF's Mil-dot, NF's NP-R2, and NF's NP-1RR how high or low your bullet will be at each mil or bar in inches from your entered "zero". It also shows you what yardage each mil or bar your bullet will impact at. It also calculates clicks and MOA come ups.

The overall program aside from this new feature is basically the same as 1.0. Some things that have been added are "Twist Analysis" which calculates gyroscopic stability, spin drift and optimum twists and bullet lengths and weights. Much of the overall performance and user friendliness has been drastically improved.

This program will allow you to store all rifle information, a picture of it, reloading data including lot numbers, case weights, and any necessary data for reloading needs. It also allows you to store pictures of targets, rifles, and has most popular reticles included to be copied and stored in this program. It has areas for notes. It has many calculations for various long range math needs. It also will print a variety of targets including the "smart target" which when you enter the yardage fired and the MOA in scope adjustments, it shows you on a 1" grid how many clicks left or right and/or up and down it will take to hit the bull's eye. It also has a feature that stores all cronographed data for each load. It shows you the maximum, minimum, average, extreme spread and any duplicates for every shot fired over the crony. It will also give you a corrected MV based on how far the muzzle was from the crony and air density. It allows you to store I don't even know how many pictures. Pictures of hunting successes or any other pictures deemed necessary. It does have a "simple" ballistic calculator in it. It is not as accurate as some other calculators. It was not made to be a giant ballistic calculator. If you have no idea where to start, it will get you close. It was made to store your "real world" data. There is a section with pictures and charts to show what happens when shooting on an incline and the math is provided to accurately compensate. There are reloading tips, and some shooting in conditions tips. Everything is set up to print on a 8x11 sheet of paper to be 3 hole punched and put in a binder.

The normal price for this program is $37.95 I am offering it on this forum for $20.00 till midnight 2-15-04

There is a lot more to this program than what is listed above. This gives you an idea of what it is about. It uses lots of pictures that are appealing.

If I get some requests for reticle types that are not in the reticle analysis or in the general program, I will create them and include them.

Thanks

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

Is your stability program usable with the following criteria ONLY:
Bullet weight
Bullet Diameter
Bullet overall length
Bullet BC
Bullet ogive type(T/S)
Bullet Tail type(F/BT)
Bullet Specific gravity(jacket type/materials/assumed CG)
Twist
Velocity
Air density

[No other values, such as angles, #calibers, center of anything, Form type-unless calculated, meplats, or dimensions]

I ask because these things []are not published for commonly used bullets.
Thanks

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited by: Mikecr ]

I trust that this (below)picture will help you see what the reticle analyzer is all about. What you do is enter your bullet drops into the database, and a image (which are already in the program)of either mil-dot, NF mildot, NF NP-R2, NF NP-1RR, or second gen mildot will appear with the info inside to show you how to use your reticle.

You enter in your zero and drops in 100 yard increments. The program will do the rest. This example picture above is just a small part, on the same page (in the program) it also calculates your MOA come ups and clicks needed to strike the target with the center cross hair.

Mikecr,

As of now, the gyroscopic stability calculations are based on bullet diameter, bullet length, and the twist and velocity fired at. It is quite a bit more simple than some of the other GS programs, but I wanted something more accurate and up to date than the Greenhill formula and yet not so complicated as others. It is very accurate. It is based on the most needed paramiters.

f9a3b27f.jpg

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

Dave,

I did recieve an email from you. I did reply. My server must have screwed up. Fortunatly I keep a log out side of my email that lets me refer to those who emailed me and if I repied. I will send you another email right now. If you do not recive it, please let me know and we will try another form of comunication.

Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.