Up grading which one?

tomestone

I have be using a Ruger Mark 11 HB 25-06 117gr for coyotes with good results to 440yds. 3x9 Burris Ballistc Plx. Iam buying a Tikka varmint HB 300 WM,or a 300 WSM for Moose and coyotes,Iam undecided to go with the WSM or WM ?To hit a 6in. target a 800yds,[coyote] what power of glass should I be looking for? gun)

I personally use a 6.5-20x50 Vortex Viper on my 270wsm and will be using a 6-24x50 FFP PST on one of my 338s this season.

Both guns used can shoot to 1000 plus with those scopes.

I just shot two so far the harvest is near done but the cattle are still in the pastures,got to be carefull where you are shooting.Lots of howls after dark sounds like a bountyful year.:)

I have a 4-16 Leupold on my long range rig. I think that is a wise choice. 4x is not to much if they show up closer than you expected and 16x has been plenty for me.

I have a shot at to coyotes and shot over their backs twice,at 16 power its had to judge distance.I have been working 70 hours a weak and I have no patiences left,I just need to calm down to in Joy what I love to do is shooting what ever at long range.Nov 20 moose hunting at my brothers cabin at Hundson Bay 22days 8 hours 33 mins. but whos countings.:):)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.