up comming review; 2 rifles in 6.5 creed

The TC was sent in for inspection, and they sent a replacement rifle, this one had a very nice bore .
The replacement also held 1/2 moa with the factory Hornady 140 a-max load, out 600 yards, the longest i can shoot on my range. So TC was 2 for 2 in accuracy, even with the bore imperfections in the first rifle.

In the factory state the LRP was about a 1moa gun never reapeating the first impressive group, granted this was with factory ammo. Handloading could have improved it.

The savage was set back and rechambered, I shot my 6.5x284 f-class loads thru it and it now held 3/4 moa with no load development for the gun, originally the barrel was around 1moa as the 6.5CM. I have not done load development with the gun as the VHJ got cancelled lat year and the project was set aside. I will get it shooting before the VHJ this year as the factory Modified gun.

I have ordered in a 260 LRP for a friend who picked it up last week, i will get a report from him soon and see if his is doing better than the 6.5 did

yes Bob says it is shooting excellent, he put a NF on it and has a couple loads that keep 5 shots under 1/2 moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts