Universal Shell Holders in RCBS Hand Primer

264junkie

Decided to try using the RCBS hand primer that came with the kit I bought last year...I've been using Universal Shell holders by Lee and they work fine in my RC press but it looks like a REALLY tight fit in my hand primer...Any tips on how to make them work or am I stuck using the press primer? It looks like the little "nipple" the shell holder sits on is plastic and could be shaved down a bit on the shoulder???
Thanks,
Junkie

Mine is several years old but I have used it to death. Any shell holder I have ever grabbed worked on it. So I feel they either changed something or you have one with over sized nipples.

Jeff

The same happend to me. The new rcbs is made for their shell holders. By shaving the shoulder to fit lee holders you will thin the plastic. But this has worked fine for me.

If you will notice the RCBS shell holder has a taper cut in the bottom to fit the plastic insert. ed

Mine has worked fine every brand of shell holder that I've tried. I love the thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.