Unexplained flingers

Kenster-Boy

I am shooting a savage 112 BVSS 7mm rem mag and was shooting groups of about .5 to .8 inch at 100 yards which is fairly good for me. So I decided to move to 200 yards. I shot 10 shots, 7 were about 2.5 inches low and in a good shaped group however the other 3 did not drop at all but were also in a fairly tight group.
I am curious and frustrated as to what would cause two sub-groups like this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Any insight to my problem would be much appreciated.

7mag
Got a few questions.
Are these handloads or factory?
Were the 3 that were out the last 3 or were they scattered throughout the 10 shot string?
How much time between shots?
What type of scope, adj. objective or not?

The above information will help you get more specific answers/suggestions.
Chris

They are handloads, the three shots were scattered throughout the group. One was 2nd, two was 8th, and three was 10th. I gave the gun ample time to cool between shots (3-5 minutes). I took my time to make sure all the shots felt good, and indeed I didn't feel like I jerked any one more than any other. I was using a leupold scope, VX-III 6.5-20X40 EFR Target. The wind was clam on that day and the mirage was to a minimum.

Thanks for giving me a heads up to what specifics I needed to include.

[ QUOTE ]
The wind was clam on that day

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats your problem. Shooting in a clam wind will throw anyones shots off. When a bullet hits a clam blowing in the breeze who knows where it will end up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.