Uneven shoulders (datum line)?

Jinx-)

Looking at my fired brass, it seems that right shoulder is lower then left, so I turn it it 180 degrees and now left shoulder is lower then right. Is this visual hallucinations, or my chamber is cut that way? Its probably bad if this is my chamber, but I don't have issues with closing or opening bolt.

I'll try this again, it seems that datum line is higher on one side then another.

Last edited:
I sure wouldn't say you're wrong but I can't see how it would be possible to ream a chamber that way. Reamers are normally held and barrels are spun around the reamer so the finished cut almost has to be highly concentric, that's why they do it that way. ??

It could be carbon residue unevenly left on the neck and the light source playing tricks on me :D, that carbon residue goes all away to the end of the neck beginning of she shoulder, optical illusion of some sort, so it makes me think...

How does it look in a mirror?
Have you had your head checked lately?

I mean,, check the case heads square.......................]

Looks like I did post this... what was I drinking that night :D, I guess it did look different...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.