Unertl BV-20

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by sscoyote, Apr 15, 2004.

1. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Anybody ever use one of these scopes? If so, how did you like it-- good points, bad points, etc.

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

sscoyote

Darry Cassel was the big fan of those also. I have one on a 338 AI I am working with now.

Standard for Unertl is super clear optics and reliable tracking if set up on correct base spacing.

Bad point is not as easy to keep track of clicks up or down with large adjustments.

Going price is $400-500 in excellant condition.

BH

3. Randy in Va

Randy in Va Well-Known Member

Bounty Hunter,

I am still trying to find a posa rail for my Model 21 Cooper to mount my BV-20 if you know any source.

4. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Randy

John Myer at Custom Gunsmithing (540) 837-2598 in Boyce made mine. Should not be hard for any gunsmith to do if you are talking about a mounting rail. Will need the mounts and what click adjustment do you want (1/2, 1/4 or 1/8) to set the spacing for the mounts.

BH

5. Dan Conzo

Dan Conzo Well-Known Member

sscoyote
    The BV20 is hard to beat for a long range hunting scope. The field of view is extra large, optics are great. Reticle is always centered, you can use it for as far as you want to shoot w/o running out of adjustment--you can shim bases for elevation and never bind the scope, you can make the adjustment 1/4 moa or 1/4 inch (which is a lot better for long range hunting) simply by changing the base separation. The adjustments read like a micrometer. It's superb even if you don't have a lighted reticle - make sure you read exactly how to make parallax adjustment--do not overturn.

Dan

6. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Good comments-- thks.