Unbelievable - The 30-378 came back!!!!!!!!!!

budlight

My buddy that lost the gun came across an add in the paper. He only had $200 on him and they were happy with that. So I'm going over to give them a total of $500 plus the cost of their add.

I'm just dumb founded. It was just found a couple of days ago. It had bounced out in the sage brush next to the road and if you weren't riding a horse you never would have seen the big black case. Another unbelievable thing is the case only had some small dings and this has been a dry fall without any moister in the last 9 days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeee-haa !!

Good for you,I know it would take a while to come to terms with that loss.Glad you got it back.Mike

That is awsome dude! That is just like this bow season I was walking back after dark and stopped to get a bottle of water out of my backpack. I took off my rangefinder and binos and then walked off without them. Went back 3 days later and THERE THEY WERE! Now this is a very heavily traveled trail so I know people walked by it and left them there thinking that the person who lost them would come back to get em!

Yes indeed these cases are answered prayers.

After nine days and not a word, I had already decided that I was never going to have another 30-378. They are just too expensive. I even told some friends that I was getting rid of all my 500-600 rounds of 30 cal bullets and all the 100 cases... I would off it all for next to nothing.

Have faith in your fellow mankind!

budlight,
I had the feeling you were going to be using them... I guess that's the reason I did not say anything about them bullets when I spoke to you over the phone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I agree with sewwhat89!!!!! I praise God!!!

I am glad you got your rifle back. Now I do not want to preach to anyone and some of you might have done this already but I suggest insuring your rifles on your home owners insurance as a separate item. After I sat down one day and figured that just one of my rifles would cost $2000 to replace with the scope I got a real sick feeling to my stomach. I ended up insuring my spotting scope and range finder to as well. For 12 g's coverage it cost me an extra 30 bucks a year and is money well spent if you ask me. Just giving you something to think about.

I have all my guns with pictures and info already down at the home insurance. I'm pretty sure that it only covers theft and loss by fire.... not stupidity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like a buddy told me to claim it was stolen off the trailer.
or out of my truck. I believe that it's better to tell the truth right down the line. I was sorry that my friend lost it. I know that he felt bad. I told him to not worry about it either and I didn't want a dime. After my 7 day add ran out without a responce I never even looked at the paper again. I just don't read it anyway. It was my friend that saw the add and called the people then me. I never would have seen it because already gave up.

Congrats on getting your rifle back. From the turn of events it's a sure sign you and your bud are definately living right in the eye's of someone.

Just another example of good things coming to good people.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.