• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ultimate .257 Long Range Rifle FS or Trade

Big Sky

SPONSOR
Deal feel through, rifle available again.

If you have ever wanted a laser flat shooting rifle that shoots itty bitty groups that can be covered up with a dime, and hammer's critters like the Hammer of Thor, then look no further.

This full blown custom rifle is the ultimate temptation and has been an absolute joy to own. I have only shot it 7 times at 7 big game animals, and killed all of them with one shot. With 100gr moly coated Nosler BT's leaving the barrel at 3850 fps it's almost too easy. Basically if the animal is 400 yards or less, hold on hair, squeeze the finely tuned trigger, and go collect your trophy.
bat32.jpg

All three of these antelope were shot in less than 30 seconds. Killed the buck first in his bed. The does jumped up ran 100 yards stopped, so I filled my first doe tag. They ran another 200 yards and stopped so I filled my second doe tag. Like I said it's almost too easy, but darn fun. The best part is I had my daughter along and obviously she's helping with the "Hero Photo".

AntelopeTroyNelly1.jpg

I would love to keep this rifle, but when I bought it I lived in open prairie country. I now live in the Rocky Mountains and this rifle is just to heavy to lug around the mountains. It is the perfect open country or bean field rifle. If one wants pin-point, surgical type, accuracy this is the rifle to have. No expenses were spared on this rifle:
Ruger S/S M-77MKII action-accurized
Douglas Premium Select Match Barrel
in S/S #6 Contour @ 30"-Matte Finish
McMillan A-2 Stock in Desert Camo w/ decelerator pad
Timney trigger
Tubbs Titanium Firing pin & spring assembly
Has been accurized-lugs lapped,squared,trued,etc...
All metalwork was done by: IT&D Custom Gun, in Ohio.
There is nearly $2000.00 invested in this rifle.
I will also include $500.00 worth of accessories:
100 rounds of professionally custom loaded ammo that is specifically handloaded for this rifle. Sixty seven pieces of brand new brass. A die set. Two sets of rings one stainless steel and the other brand new (still in the package) Leupold 30mm high rings.
batextras2.jpg

Folks you couldn't do this on your own, with this quality for less than $2500.00. I'm will to let this go for sale or trade. If you want to buy I'll let the whole thing go for $1500.00. In regards to a trade it would be a really sweet deal for someone as I want a quality AR-15 really bad. If you have RRA Coyote, Bushmaster Predator, (or possibly a varmiter), a Remington R-15 Byron South Limited edition, or a standard R-15 with a quality scope we can probably work something out. If I can't sell or trade it off within 2 weeks I will just keep it as it's a great rifle. PM me for contact information or questions.
bat1.jpg

Last edited:
Is the rifle still available? I also have some other questions, please let me know your contact number. Thanks.

Gentlemen, I apologize for any wait you may endured. I have been antelope hunting all week out of town and just got home last night. When I left I had an on going negotiation going with the rifle. I am waiting on a phone this evening which will either seal the deal or make the rifle available once again. If the deal falls through I will be contacting all those that have recently inquired about the rifle. I should know one way or another within a few hours. Thank you for your interest.
Troy Adams (a.k.a. Big Sky)

Troy--If you are still interested in a trade, I am willing to talk, with my 338/378kt as a bargainer. Don Hertz--Pennsylvania