• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED U.S. Optics riflescope

David P. Herne

Gents,
Have a brand-spankin'-new (i.e. never been put in rings) U.S.O. 3.8 x 22 riflescope in std. black matte w/ a 35mm main tube, 58mm forward objective, 4" sunshade, honeycomb diffuser, and illuminated Mil-Dot reticle. The thing doesn't have a blemish on it! Would love to keep it but don't want to wait for the rings to come available from Badger Ordnance late this spring. Send $2300 and the scope is yours!

Regards,
Dave

Randy,
Every time I fly to another part of the country, I detach the rings and scopes from my rifles and put them in my carry-on bag. I started doing this after opening a rifle case two years ago that went from Texas to New York and found that the case had been dropped so hard, that the padding on the inside had compressed to the point where the rig impacted the outside aluminum shell . . . the scope was badly damaged and the airline never compensated me for it. At any rate, this practice precludes using U.S.O.'s rings, since re-mounting the scope and getting back to original settings is such an operation. With B.O. rings, however, I just slap the scope back on the rifle and pick up right where I left off prior to making the flight. Now, Marty at B.O. said he had a pair for me when I ordered the scope, but when I called back, he already sold them and said he wouldn't have anymore until late this spring at the earliest. This has left me so frustrated that I've decided to sell the scope and go back to using a Nightforce!

Regards,
Dave

Why don't you buy a pair of USoptics 35mm rings they're about the same price and BO?

SR90,
As I explained above, U.S.O.s rings are a real nightmare for those of us who frequently detach our rings/scopes from our rifles, as neither side of the clamp (teeth) is fixed, as it is in all other rings by every other manufacturer.

Regards,
Dave

I agree that US OPTIC ring is not easy .
if you remove your scope of your base = you loose you ZERO .

IOR VALADA make good and strong 35 mm steel ring with only one side cut to removefrom the weaver rail .

good shooting

DANTEC

I totally disagree on the USoptics rings. If you mark the position of the screw on both sides and only undo one side then the return to zero is right on.

SR90,
I've played around with these things . . . and the other side moves regardless. But you just gave me an idea that I can't believe I didn't think of before. I can use that 'LOCK-TITE' compound on one side!!!

DANTEC,
Life is funny! I just heard of that scope maker (Ior Valada) for the first time last night. A guy at the range showed me one and told me all about them. The glass is German made. Nice scopes. Thanks for the tip. I'll check out their rings!

Regards,
Dave