Twin .284S

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Rustystud, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

I had two customers order custom rifles last March. They wanted something to shoot deer at 500-600 yards. I recomended the .284 Winchester built on a Stiller Predator repeater action. We used PT&G stainless steel bottom metal, Wyatt Outdoors heat treated 4140 CM center feed mag boxes. The barrels are Broughton .284, 1:9, 5C, one at 25" and the other at 26". The stocks are McMillian. The black rifle is finished and I shot a 5 shot group with it at 100 yards. I will finish the Tan rifle this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thought I would share a couple of photos.
    Nat Lambeth

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Nice work on the black one. Are you going to do anything with the tan stock or leave as is?

3. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

The tan rifle was pillar bedded and the barrel channel opened up. The mag box was adjusted to feed the .284. I will glass in the lug and engrave the barrel with the caliber, neck dia, and my name.

I then will prep some Lapua 6.5 X .284 brass into .284 brass and fire form it.

Hope to deliver these rifles to the customers before the weekend.

They have a week left in our deer season and will surely take a few before the season ends.

Nat

4. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Exceptional as usual Nat!

5. HUAINAMACHERO

HUAINAMACHERO Well-Known Member

Nice rigs Nat, your customers will be happy, that group you shot is very interesting, very good. Congrats!!!