turrets on a leupold

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by firstcoueswas80, Mar 3, 2006.

1. firstcoueswas80

firstcoueswas80 Well-Known Member

i just got my 25-06 and it has a leupold varix1 on it.. can i use target turrets with this scope? i would really like to set the gun up to where i can dial it to a number and hold dead on. i also do not know how to go about doing this. can any one give me any pointers?
    Casey

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

firstcoueswas80:

Check out "Leupold's Custom Shop Order Form Page" and it'll probably answer your question. If it's a Vari-X I, you'll find that it's not listed on their sheet of scopes on the second page that they make changes to. You could always call them and ask them about it though.

Don't know if the Stoney Points would work or not, but I've never really considered them a good alternative to factory style turrets. Your's is probably a friction type adjustment, so maintaining the adjustment, even if the Stoney Points fit, would not be something I'd personally be comfortable relying on.

3. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

Your going to need a cronograph, some kind of ballistics program that will give you your trajectories, you'll need a rangefinder, and you'll need to be able to shoot out to how far you intend to shoot animals. Thats how you do it the right way.

4. POP

POP Well-Known Member