Turrets for a VXII.....

Reloader

Picked up a 6-18x40AO VXII with FD ret for a great deal, but it doesn't have target turrets.

I placed it on a Sendero SFII 7RM and worked up a good load with 162 Amaxes. I may take that rifle with me on my WY Antelope hunt this fall, I would just like to have good turrets if they make them.

I checked out some custom turrets on the net, but I haven't found anything that would work on this particular scope.

Anyone know of a good source?

Thanks,

Reloader

Turrets....

Leupold wanted $140 for one turret plus shipping the scope both ways. They wouldn't do a custom turret to actual field trajectory results, they just wanted the bullet and velocity. I'm sure that would be close, but the idea of me telling them how many clicks it takes for a given yardadge zero sounds like a better way to me.....

I'm really not crazy about removing the scope.

TTC will send me a turret that screws on the existing threads for $99. It can be custom made for the field trajectory of a given load(Laser engraved in 25 yard increments for the click amount you give them for a given range). No need to remove the scope, just add their turret.

Just wondering if their were any other outfits out there.

Thanks,

Reloader

I just used the Leupold custom shop 3 weeks ago having them install both elevation and windage (M1) turret on a VXIII 3.5-10. The deal totaled $129.00. That included the return postage.

I also had Leupold install M1 windage and elevation turrets on a VXIII 4.5-14 for $129 including return shipping. 10 day turn around. I believe that the vari-x and VXII lines are a different deal.

Sam

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.