Turret Setting

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by John Crabb, Apr 17, 2011.

1. John Crabb

John Crabb New Member

I had M1 turrets put on my 3 x 9 at Leupold. I shot it in 0 at 100, loosend allen screw and turned knob to 0 but there are still 7 horizontal lines showing above the base. I assumed I would be able to loosen screw, turn untill all lines disappeared and on zero then retighten screw. I'm shooting a 300 BLK with 240 grain bullet and need approx 25 clicks from 100 to 250. Is their any way to set it so I don't have to count backwards from my 250 zero to get to my 100 yd zero with these turrets?

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

The horizontal hashes are numbered so you can turn back to the same spot each time. With a sloped base and/or some Signature rings you could mount the scope so it's close to the top of it's adjustment when zeroed.

3. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

when you loosen the screws holding the turrets, it will just spin freely so you can retighten when on zero. it won't change in reference to the lines.

4. John Crabb

John Crabb New Member

Thanks Guys

5. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Again, use the BL for a reference or have a BDC turret made. I don’t know if I would want to try to make a zero stop out of shim, it could void the warranty or something along those lines. You could always ask Leupold.

6. John Crabb

John Crabb New Member

Thanks Bravo 4. I'm getting older and eyesight fading in low light. I need some way to re zero in a hurry. I'll try to get some paint. Looks like they'd make an adjustable clamp to clamp around Base Line marks so all you'd have to do is dial back till it stops and you're there. I'll ck w/ Leupold. Thanks again....