Turret Labels - need help.

bookworm

I'm interested in working up a few custom turret labels (like a cheap version of the kenton industries turret). I recall reading here that there are a couple members have developed a means to do this in excel or some other program.

Similarly, I'm wondering if any of the ballistic programs have this capability built in?

Can someone point me to the thread or members that can help me out? I've done some searching and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

I'm working on the same thing, and having just as much trouble turning up any useful info when I search. I'll post back when I come up with something - at the moment the plan is a fine sharpie and some tape, but I've been playing with Excel sheets as well.

Yes - I'm going my own way as well. I think I'm going to try to use a cad program to generate the label. I'll post back if I get a process that works.

I did find that "Brown Dog" and "4ked Horn" were the members who had Word and Excel solutions that they were giving out at one point in time. I have not tried to PM them with a request.

This post may be of interest:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/home-made-pm2-bdc-result-11168/

I do it the old school way. I have a label printer and take a plain label, wrap it around the turret and mark it. Then I stick the corresponding number with the yardage on the label, then stick the label to the turret. Hey its a little bit like a craft project with the label and scissors. Real simple, nice and tidy and does the job.

I have an archery program that spits out a site tape for an adjustable bow sight, funny that there is not a program out there that prints a turret label?

Thanks! For those of us that keep our range short enough to avoid the use of a PDA and portable weather station, I think a BDC label is the best thing since smokeless powder. It's just as accurate and easy to change as a drop chart, but much faster. And less error-prone.

I'll take some pictures and post them up when I get one worked out, if y'all will do the same.

Here's the sheet:

http://ptmaynard.com/guns/turret_wrap.xls

It's not quite I'd hoped - I wanted something to show the distance in 100 yd increments with 50 and 25yd hashes, as I feel it's easier to interpolate that way. I'll keep working and see if I come up with something clever.

Ideally I'd be able to punch in the BC & velocity numbers in a ballistics spreadsheet and have it spit out a page with a label on it, ready to print. It shouldn't be hard, if you input the # of clicks per revolution and diameter of the turret. If I can remember how to do graphics with VB script, that is...

http://ptmaynard.com/guns/Turret_Labels.xls

I'm happier with this version. I was going to make it dynamic, but I usually want to fine-tune it based on actual shooting anyway, so I realized it wasn't worth the time to auto-generate from a Pesja spreadsheet that would probably be a little off anyway.

That's for a 60-click Super Sniper, and the drop is for a 69gr MK at 2750fps. To modify it, just copy/paste the cells containing the hash-marks and yardage numbers to the right click mark. Note that the yardages are 3 merged cells.

here's the sheet:

http://ptmaynard.com/guns/turret_wrap.xls

it's not quite i'd hoped - i wanted something to show the distance in 100 yd increments with 50 and 25yd hashes, as i feel it's easier to interpolate that way. I'll keep working and see if i come up with something clever.

Ideally i'd be able to punch in the bc & velocity numbers in a ballistics spreadsheet and have it spit out a page with a label on it, ready to print. It shouldn't be hard, if you input the # of clicks per revolution and diameter of the turret. If i can remember how to do graphics with vb script, that is...
a cad program is the best way to get what you want not a sread sheet

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.