Tubb's Book

sewwhat89

Tubb\'s Book

Anyone got an opinion about Tubb's book, the Rifle Shooter?

I was sent to a quote from the book considering a shortened 6.5 RSAUM he was developing. That part was very interesting, but has anyone read the whole thing?

Re: Tubb\'s Book

I've been shooting for a few decades, some of it competitively.
Bought the book, read it, and thought geez that sure is a nice advertisement for the Tubb 2000 rifle.

Then I read it again.

After reading number 11, the text is marked with highlighters and text underscores. The book is a gem in the rough full of little nuggets of valuable information. Putting Tubbs thoughts into practice has increased my percentage of 1st round hits at unknown distance, which was already at about 90%, and has increased both my total score and X count in target comps.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants to have a much better understanding of all those mechanical and mental things we do to put a shot on target.

Mike,
Granbury, Tx

Re: Tubb\'s Book

David Tubb is one of the finest men I've ever had the occasion to associate with! I was friends with his Dad George for several years up until his death and his Mom Polly is one sweet lady!

Are his books worth the money? Kinda depends on whether or not you're interested in learning some stuff from probably the best rifle shooter this country has ever had! This man is "gifted"....and on top of that doesn't mind sharing his knowledge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.