TTSX-First Blood

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Bobcat, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I loaded up some of the new 140 gr. Barnes TTSX's for my 7mm-08 and headed to deer camp. I wanted to take a doe for the freezer this trip. I got on a nice mature doe. She was slightly quartering away from me at 75 yards. I took a lung shot. She jumped striaght up when I hit her, ran about 25 yards, and piled up.........in some cactus of course!
    This is not much of a test, but it is animal #1 with the Tipped TSX's.
    Here is the deer.
    [​IMG]
    This is the bullet sized entrance wound.
    [​IMG]
    Here are two shots of the exit wound. The lungs and half the heart were mush.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am looking forward to trying these in my 7mm STW.

Bob

2. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Congrats!! The terminal performance for Deer sized game should be enhanced a little with the tip atr long range especially. It will be interesting to see how much the tip helped the BC.

3. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Congrats!! The terminal performance for Deer sized game should be enhanced a little with the tip atr long range especially. It will be interesting to see how much the tip helped the BC.

4. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

Very nice, congratulations.

Too bad about the heart, its one of my favorites!

JD338

5. HeskethPritchard

HeskethPritchard Well-Known Member

Hey JD

I throw the hearts away, have you a recipe I could try?

Thanks HP

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I only tried 2 loads initially at the range. The load using 46.5 grs. of Big Game and CCI BR-2's shot .75", so I loaded up a few of these to take the doe with. They are shooting at 2800 fps.
    Here is a shot of the offside shoulder damage. It is not bad. The photo is not the best, but as you can see, there is a about a 3" circle of meat taken out. You can see where it went throught the bone. So far, with this little "first" test I am impressed.
    Bob

[​IMG]