Trying to Identify my Remington 700

BigSky!

I'm hoping with your input I can identify my Remington 700. I have one picture that I hope helps. If needed I will get more pictures in the near future. Hopefully, it will not be necessary. I have sent the serial number to Remington; but, last time I did that, it took them 4 months to get back to me.

Anyway, I bought this 700 used a few years ago. It was represented to me to be a 700 tactical. I speculated at the time that it was actually a model 700 SPS varmint. Anyway, here is the best description I can provide. It has a 26 inch bull barrel. It has a sythetic stock with the "beavertail" front end. The stock at the front is vented with three vents on each side. It has the two studs/swivels at the front on the bottom of the stock. Thanks in advance.

The stock looks to me like the Armalist synthetic ventilated varmint model. That style stock isn't one I'd describe as tactical.
They are pretty common for the Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 rifle (and other calibers)

FearNoWind, thanks. You pretty much confirmed my suspicion.

C.O. Shooter - I'll give that a shot. I hadn't thought of doing that as I thought it would be less likely than answering an e-mail. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.