Trying to get started! *DELETED*

Re: Trying to get started!

well, you're at the right place. just start reading and in a short while you'll learn a ton!! use the search button for any questions you have, and if you can't find what you're looking for ask in a new post.

that gun will be fine for long range, I would reccomend reloading, it's fun, and you can get your loads just right. You should shoot the heaviest possible bullet, Like a smk, vld, or the new nosler accubond, something heavy with a high BC to buck the wind.

as far as a scope goes, I like nightforce, and leupold mk 4's, but have heard great things about the nikon tacticals also.

most of all, get to know your gun, load, and scope and how everything works togather, don't go shoot at an animal until you have made that same shot in practice many times. shoot and shoot, and shoot some more.

like I said, there is so much info on here, go ahead and start reading as much as possible, and you'll figure out what you need to do in a hurry.

have fun, and welcome to the site.

oops, I replied to your post after you deleted it, sorry about that, oh well

Re: Trying to get started!

Thank you just moved the thread over. Probably should not have put it on the hunting thread!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts