Trying to find some bullets

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by goodgrouper, May 3, 2005.

1. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

I would like to know if anyone has some Berger 6mm 95 grain VLD's that they would part with. I need them for a match at the end of this month, and Berger is out until May 31st.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

Natchez lists them in stock for 21.94 per 100. Sinclair has them also but I didn't check to se if they were in stock. Where you been lately??

3. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

4. Matt27

Matt27 Well-Known Member

GG

I will head up to cabela's and see what they have on the shelf also for ya. All i have to do is hop,skip and jump and i am there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. goodgrouper

Hey, thank you guys very much!
    I first tried my Berger rep, then Sinclair, then Midway, then Midsouth, then Bruno's, and finally Natchez. Everyone was out of them except the last place I tried! A lady at Bruno's said that Berger is having a J4 jacket supply problem and can't produce bullets until May 31st. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyhow, I have 300 coming ASAP from Natchez.
    I badly wanted these bullets because they shot a 2 7/8" x 1 1/2" 5 shot group at 600 yards the other day from my 6 BR Imp!

6. goodgrouper

Matt27,
    If you wouldn't mind, I would still appreciate it if you would check Cabelas showroom floor for me. We have a Cabela's coming in just 15 miles North of me in 6 months and I would love to know if they actually have this bullet in stock in the store and not just in the catalog.
    Thanks-GG

7. goodgrouper

Thanks Eaglet.
    I didn't even stop to think that the big "C" would have them. I always think of them for hunting gear, but forget that they also carry precision VLD bullets!

8. 7Rumloader

No problem GG! All it took was a little looking around in my favorite websites. I know you would do the same for us!

9. goodgrouper

[ QUOTE ]
    Where you been lately??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been loading ammo like a madman every night, and then shooting every morning for about 5 days now. Having three new guns in 5 months sure takes hard work to tweek loads for each-but I'm not complaining!

What have you been up to? I haven't had much time to scan the old forum the last week.

10. 7Rumloader

[ QUOTE ]
    I have been loading ammo like a madman every night, and then shooting every morning for about 5 days now.

[/ QUOTE ] Thats kinda what I figured you were doing. I been trying to make a decision on a new scope with the help of everyone here for my new rig Kirby's building this summer. I have it narrowed down to two options now ( I think ) Been working a lot of overtime for my project so I haven't been doing much shooting but it will comense soon! I 'm starting to go through withdrawls from gun powder and lead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Getting kinda twitchy if you know what I mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. brian b

brian b Well-Known Member

Goodgrouper,
    WHY did you not ask Uncle B. I have 200 at your asking call me in the morning.
    Good night now B

12. IDAHO PREACHER

IDAHO PREACHER Well-Known Member

I would make him mow your lawn for 2 months Uncle B for those 200 vld's.

13. goodgrouper

To mow his lawn, you'd have to give me more than 200! Try 2000 and a Gatling gun like the one Mac uses in "Predator" to mow down the jungle after seeing the predator! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Sorry B. It is my fault anyway because I pull him away from lawn maintenance to go shooting with me!

14. brian b

brian b Well-Known Member

I would not only take out in trade Lawn Mowing but edgeing as well for 200 VLD's (tree trimming would also be appreciated).B