Trying the picture thing

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by rotorhead, Nov 21, 2006.

1. rotorhead

rotorhead Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to get out and hunt this year as of yet but I wanted to try and get a picture on here so I am placing a buddy of mine on with his north Missouri deer. He shot this fella at 200 on the move. I live in Texas now and I used to hunt with this guy alot. I miss the Missouri wild deer. Here you have to get leases or hunt a ranch at thousands of dollars per shot. I feel this is a good buck, but some wouldn't. Because the ranches get them real big down here in Texas. Never the less I congradulate him.
    It appears that I am successful, by the way the deer was shot about a week ago.

Rh [​IMG]

2. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

I'd say that's a nice size deer!

3. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

I do some hunting in north MO and while there are a few bigger bucks up there (you couldn't tell it by me!), that is a good one in anyone's book. He would certainly get a one way ride in the back of my truck! Congratulations to your friend.

4. Spino

Spino Well-Known Member

I hunt south texas where the deer do get big ( if you let them grow). That deer though is a very nice deer. I like those long G3's. Looks like an older deer too.. Going to do a shoulder mount on that one? I would.

5. rotorhead

He said that he is doing a shoulder type mount that setts on a table or pedistal or somthing like that I have never seen what he was telling me about but I asked him to take a picture when He gets it back.

Rh

6. Spino

Spino Well-Known Member

do you know what he scored? Looks like he is around a 155-160 class deer, but would need to see a side angle to be sure.

7. rotorhead

The guy that was with him did a quick measure and said he was sure it was at least a 150 maybe 160 but I haven't talked to him to see if he had confirmed that. I must admit I do not know how to grade them at all . I have a couple a bigger deer in my past but notheing monsterous I shot one a couple years ago that I was told was 145 or so but I wouldn't know that is the biggest white tail I ever shot. I think I can get the information on boone and crocket web page, Is that the standard??

Rh