Trouble with Bulletflight Iphone comeups

kustomkoatings

Yesterday I was working on my dope for my .338, and I wasn't able to get Bulletflight to give me the right numbers. @ 800. Could someone look over my info and tell me what I might be missing.

.338 LM 300 grain SMK @ 2830fps Zeroed @ 300 yards
85 deg
Baro 29.92
Elev 400ft
Wind 2mph from 11 oclock
Cosine 0

I was zeroed @ 300 yards and bullet flight called for 14 MOA up @ 792 yards and I was way over the plate I ended up with only needing 11.25 MOA . I had the same problem back in June in South Dakota shooting @ 947 I could not go from 600 yards up to 947 yards. If I used what Bulletflight called for I would be several minutes high. I have tried to fudge the numbers in every possible way but nothing adds up. I and 100 % positive that my muzzle velocity is right, I entered bullet bc with bullet database. I have played with the b.c. to try and get it right and nothing seems to get me close. I really need to get this figured out before I head back to South Dakota next month for muley season.

My g5 drag model called for 12 min at 790 and the g1 model called for 14.

I've had better luck with the g5 model.

Nathan

the bc in the bullet flight data base isn't always right. I believe that they use published bc's. compare with others and check. I have had better luck using a g7 bc. I have had good results using the bc's in brian litz's book.

I had to adjust my velocity in my program. My rifle shoots around 2875 to 2900 I finally settled on 3150 fps in the ballistic program. I shot rifle at 500 600 700 800 yds and everything was dead on.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.