Trophy Bonded Tip

winmag

I was recently informed by Mphstigerfan(L/R/H member), that Speer/Federal came out with a new bullet. The Trophy Bonded Tip. It has a simmilar design to the Barnes Mrx,&TTSX, in that it has rings to reduce fowling, and lower pressure. It has a yellow colored tip. And its nickle plated/or coated. The main difference is its NOT a solid copper, or copper and tungsten bullet. It has a lead (core foreward design) thats ''bonded'', and the jacket is ''scived''.And it nickel coated.
Does anyone know if JUST THE BULLET(NOT Federals factory ammo) is available to hand loaders? This bullet looks promising, and Id like to experiment with it while I have time,as Im laid off currently.
Any info at all? anybody?

I was recently informed by Mphstigerfan(L/R/H member), that Speer/Federal came out with a new bullet. The Trophy Bonded Tip. It has a simmilar design to the Barnes Mrx,&TTSX, in that it has rings to reduce fowling, and lower pressure. It has a yellow colored tip. And its nickle plated/or coated. The main difference is its NOT a solid copper, or copper and tungsten bullet. It has a lead (core foreward design) thats ''bonded'', and the jacket is ''scived''.And it nickel coated.
Does anyone know if JUST THE BULLET(NOT Federals factory ammo) is available to hand loaders? This bullet looks promising, and Id like to experiment with it while I have time,as Im laid off currently.
Any info at all? anybody?

Nope, not available as component. neither is the XP3 from Winchester, which isn't that different. If you want bonded, it is Swift Scirrocco, Nosler Accubond or Hornady Interbond.

Federal just made 8Million rounds of trophy bonded for the military in 5.56 though.

I see its listed under ''components'', but theres a pic and write up next to it of ''factory loaded ammo''. They dont say what grain, or a price.........confused.
Thank you for the link tho, Ill play around with it a little and see if I can figure it out.

What does the millitary need ''8 million bonded bullets'' for? I was under the impression that they swiched to ''green'' ammo, or fmj? Thats cool that they use bonded, I just dot see what they would use them for. Got any more information about thier use? or just do what they say,and dont ask questions :D

I just went and searched, it appears that they are comming out as a component. Midway lists the 165g as comming soon.

Steve

Looks like I need a Midway catalog. Thanks for the help guys. These things should be fun to play with when they come available this year.
Anny thoughts as to nickle jackets and barrel life?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.