Tripod for Zeiss 20-75x85?

93trojan

Just bought myself a Zeiss spotting scope for Father's Day!:). Got a nice deal from cameralandny for a demo unit. Anyway, I am wondering what kind of tripod you guys would suggest. I saw a Zeiss tripod for $450. Seems expensive so I figured I would look into it more before buying. I know there are a lot of well informed people on this website, so I'd like your advice.

Thanks in advance.

93trojan

Good points....it is a straight body. It will mainly be used for hunting. Sitting probably 90% of the time. Sorry for not being more specific. I am new to the whole spotting scope thing.

I recommend the Slik Sprint Pro EZ. I have one with the ball head. I'm getting the pan head soon. Best value in a packable tripod that I've seen.

I bought a Zeiss about 10years ago from Bear Basin & it came with a Manfrotto tripod. Cabelas was sending them with a cheap tripod, but would sell you the Manfrotto for $300-350. The Manfrotto has been really good, I bought a Manfrotto window mount that uses the same QD plate. They have aluminum & carbon fiber tripods if weight is an issue. Hope this helps a little

Last night, I ordered a Zeiss carbon fiber tripod. I think it is made by Monfratto. After some research, all of the good tripods cost some coin. I got a demo model for $350. I guess it's a good deal. Just never realized how much these things cost! I keep telling my wife...I wish I was a fisherman! Who knows, I'm sure even their top notch equipment costs some serious dough.

Tro...that's what I have for mine..the zeiss carbon fiber...it is rock steady, tons of adjustments...I love it for spotting and at the range.

Now for hunting...heck no,that thing is too big and heavy for a back pack....I have a slik pro I picked up from S and S archery and it works great.

I was feeling great about your post until...."oh no, not for hunting or backpacking". That's what I got it for:(. That's what happens when you don't know what you're doing. That's alright..I'll find a use for it. Thanks for the input.

Lol.... Sorry about that... Now if thats the only thing your gonna carry up the moutain.. :)...I did the same thing went thru several tripods to find right one. The zeiss is so well built just had to hold on to it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts