Triple Shocks in a 300Rum

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by cousehunter, Apr 24, 2005.

1. cousehunter

cousehunter Active Member

I am considering loading the 168 grain Triple Shock in a 300Rum. Any experience or load data would be appreciated.

2. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

gjszabo,
    Sorry I can't help. I have loaded the 180 TSX but not the 168 grainer. I was able to get the 180 grains of triple shock using 99.0 grains of Retumbo at 3480 f/s; pretty hot but no sticky bolts, or leaking primers... did get loose primer pocket holes. I say you should safely be able to get 3400 f/s with the 168 grainer. Has to be everything you need in North America. Be safe!

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I found them to be a little on the hard side for my liking and the small deer we have down here , also I was shooting them out of a 308 which isin't gonna get nearly the speed you will.
    I have since switched to the new Nosler 150gr Accu-bond and had great results but again I'd not shooting a monster case like your either

What is gonna be your intended target for this bullet and at what range

4. bcd

bcd Well-Known Member

I haven't actually used any, but a few guys around the house load them with 110.5gr of 8700 with good results. If I'm not mistaken the max printed load is 113.5gr I believe. They said that they couldn't get that in the case though.

5. cousehunter

cousehunter Active Member

Eaglet, thanks for the info. I was hoping to attain 3400 fps, sounds like this won't be a problem.

6. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Try RL 25. Start at 90 gr or so and work up.