Trijicon TR23

Bill Maylor

Any body shooting the new TrijiconTR23? What do you think of the scopes?ProVSCons? I red the product review and it was a very good review I thought. I got to ask these q's befor I buy a new scope. Any one know about the warranty. Are they built to CLICK :) .?Thanks Bill Maylor..

Got a TR232 on the waygun). Be here next week. I want the clean glass and the repeatable terrace. I dont know to do with the yellow dot:rolleyes: I will need some help with that.
Bill Maylor..

Bill

I almost picked this scope based on my past dealing's with Trijicon. They are the best company I have EVERY delt with as far as standing behind there products.

I used there ACOG scopes in Iraq and Afghanistan and I can say with out any dought in my mind there is nothing better. The things are bullet proof and will still work when droped, when the glass is cracked, when they have holes in them, When the bells are bent they never lost there zero ever. You just mail them the scope and they fix it no questions asked you will have it back in a week.

I didnt pick the TR23 beacuse it has from what I have heard only 40 MOA of internal adjustment and that just wasent enough for what I shoot. If in the future Trijicon ups the internal adjustment range I will be mounting one on my rifle.

Please let ME know how the scope works for you.

Jon

Thanks for the reply. I did consider the 40MOA adjustment, but this scope will sit on my 257WBY shooting 500 yds or less. Most of the time less and I wanted the adv of a mil dot for sizing and ranging quickly. These deer in FL can disappear as quick as you can spot them. Thanks Bill Maylor.

The Tr23 showed up today. It looks like a very well made scope. It is a very clear. The yellow dot is visible in the sun. I was not sure if it would be. When the sun starts to go down I will be doing some comparing with a NF an a Zeiss. I wont be able to mount and shoot yet. I am still recovering from shoulder surgerygun). I also want to rebed my rifle. However I can still look and play. I will let you know how it looks when the sun goes down. I already have some Talley 1 piece base and rings. If I decide to shoot farther I will get a 20MOA base and some new rings.
Bill Maylor..

No need to adjust on a .257 WBY out to 500. Put it at the top of the back and they will drop. Thing is a laser beam out to there with 100-110 gr bullets which are perfect for deer in that gun! Just zero it at 300 and your good to go.

Looked through a TR-23 a few weeks back and super impressed. I personally want more of the reticle lighted so going different direction but it was great.

After looking through 3 scopes side by side at dusk NF, Conquest, Trijicon, I have come to the conclusion that my eyes are getting OLD:rolleyes:. All three are winners they all have very good glass. I can only see about 300 yds in a state line in my neighborhood. It is hard to judge a new scope fairly when you just spent $$$ on. I have hunted with the NF and Zeiss for a couple of years now and know what good glass looks like in the field and this Trijicon TR232 has very good glass. In a pitch black room when your eyes adjust[in a min or two] when you look through the scope you can see the yellow dot with no light at all. For night time predator hunting this would be a good thing. After I bed my 257 and mount the TR scope. we will see how she tracks. So far I think this scope is a winnergun).Bill Maylor..

My bedding job came out very well..gun) The TR232 tracks on the spot:D. I have learn a lot on this web site... and I am very happy I changed my order from a PST to the TR232. It has its place in the optics world, and in my world it is on a very deadly 257 Weatherby Mag. Watch out Big Buck. I will shoot the rest of my 110 Accubonds then I will fine tune some hand loads.
After using the scope, I did notice the eye relief was very forgiving, and rotating your head while ajusting the paralex knob was a perfect ajustment for shot placement. I used a EGW 20 MOA base and Burris Xtream Tatical rings,. After sighting the scope in I had 10 MOA at the Bottom and 37 MOA left for Elevation. That is plenty for me and this rifle. The optics are very clear, which is always the best feature. I would rate the TR232 as a high quality rifle scope. Bill Maylor..

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.