Trijicon TARS Scope Review

I appreciate seeing this review. I bought this scope over this winter and have yet to really get a use out of it. I really did not see any reviews and seeing the confirmation reaffirms my choice which took a while as I had to save for a high end scope for almost a year on top of what came before with a newly built rifle as well.
I look forward to playing with it all year long.

I'd like to bump this up. The TARS is a very solid optic choice, one that can take the heavy abuse and continue to deliver.

Geb

I am just chiming in about Trijicon and the problems I had with their optics, not to say this particular optic is bad just my experience.
I ha 2 of their 5 x 20 x 50 Accupoint scopes, according to Trijicon they are suppose to be able to withstand a 50 BMG recoil. Well I had them mounted on 2 smokeless muzzle loaders (mine and my wife's) with the recoil from them it rattled the wires apart (they also said they have etched glass, well they aren't). I sent the scopes in twice each time within 30 rounds fired, just plain junk. If you think the recoil is so bad, my wife was shooting her gun both times when hers went. The customer service terrible it was like dealing with Walmart times 2....I have since replaced the Trijicon scopes with Vortex and am having no problems what so ever, and when I call customer service for questions they answer all them with knowledge and professionalism. Me personally would stay away from any Trijicon products just my 2 cents worth.

I am just chiming in about Trijicon and the problems I had with their optics, not to say this particular optic is bad just my experience.
I ha 2 of their 5 x 20 x 50 Accupoint scopes, according to Trijicon they are suppose to be able to withstand a 50 BMG recoil. Well I had them mounted on 2 smokeless muzzle loaders (mine and my wife's) with the recoil from them it rattled the wires apart (they also said they have etched glass, well they aren't). I sent the scopes in twice each time within 30 rounds fired, just plain junk. If you think the recoil is so bad, my wife was shooting her gun both times when hers went. The customer service terrible it was like dealing with Walmart times 2....I have since replaced the Trijicon scopes with Vortex and am having no problems what so ever, and when I call customer service for questions they answer all them with knowledge and professionalism. Me personally would stay away from any Trijicon products just my 2 cents worth.

That's unfortunate to hear. I didn't have any personal experience with their products until working with the TARS. I think this scope is a solid offering though and it could use a bigger brother in the 5-25 range.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.