Triggers

dirtboy

when the heck are they going to start making nice triggers for slug guns?? I had my browning scaled out at almost 5.75lb trigger pull.

when the heck are they going to start making nice triggers for slug guns?? I had my browning scaled out at almost 5.75lb trigger pull.

I think the main reason there are not many or none it the fact that people would buy them
for there favorite shotgun, and a light trigger is poison on a shotgun under hunting conditions.

The only that I Know to lighten the trigger is to change the spring and I would recomend
having a good smith do this for safety. Minimum weight should be 31/2 to 4 pounds.

J E CUSTOM

I had just got an email from timney triggers. they just started making one, but its for 870 remington express. I ask my local dealer he said there's nothing out there to lower lbs, guess I have to weight

@ Shortgrass. Yes for a shot gun I can understand, but I am shooting slugs at deer. Me personally, I never shoot slugs at airborn targets. My problem is I feel have to really grip the snot out of the gun so that I dont pull my shot. not that big of a diffrence at 100yrds. when you start getting out 150+. I can see the crosshairs move off by a big margin if your not carful. You figure rifle have about 3-4lb trigger pull. Now the slugs these days have range capabilitys only thought possible by a rifle or muzzle loader.

I had just got an email from timney triggers. they just started making one, but its for 870 remington express.

Did they happen to mention in the email how many lb pull on their new trigger for the 870?

They didn't say anything about how pull weight was on, but having a timney in my rifle and comparing it with my other factory rifle triggers its a wonder of nature. Even if it had the same pull, I would be it would be ten times smoother.:D

Know it dont help your Browning any, but Savage just re-modeled their 20ga slug guns to include theire accutrigger, so it is fully adjustable from 2.5 to 6 lbs.. I have one and it is simply awesome. I sold my 870 wingmaster as soon as I could.

Like I said, it dont help your cause right now, but you know how it goes. If one maker makes something nice the rest are sure to follow eventually.

I'm sure if Timney is making one it is ALOT better than the factory trigger. Check with Rifle Basix also to see if they make one.

with my luck they'll will be on every slug gun model but..lol! I thought of switching my scope on my bennli and just get a barrel for that the trigger seems a lot lighter on that, but I hate the idea of oding that, slug barrles aint cheap

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.