Triggers

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Going Long, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Going Long

Going Long New Member

I've recently purchased a Remington Sendero SFII in the 7mm Rem Mag.. I've topped it with a Huskemaw scope and a do-it-yourself bedding job on the recoil lug. I've also done a 20 shot barrel break in. I am now at the point where I really need to get a good trigger installed. I'd like to have it set at 2.5-2.75lbs. What brands/models do you recommend for the Sendero?

2. cohunter14

cohunter14 Well-Known Member

I think Timney is about as good as it gets.

3. antitactical

antitactical Well-Known Member

Jewel triggers are awesome too. I like them pretty light though. Nice setup you've got a rig that will do it all

4. MHO

MHO Well-Known Member

You cant go wrong with either one, Timney or Jewell.

5. cohunter14

cohunter14 Well-Known Member

Sorry, been reading too much stuff about AR's lately...I would suggest a Jewell as well for the Rem 700, although as MHO said, both are very good and an upgrade over the stock trigger.

6. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Timney, Jewell, Rifle Basix, Shilen, older style factory 700 triggers (pre X-mark) tuned right, will all be better than the piece of crap X-Mark Pro trigger.

7. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

If you want to replace it, I'd try a Timney. However, my best trigger is the stock Remington trigger on my Sendero that was tuned by a gunsmith, and it cost half the price of a Timney.

Just something to think about.

8. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

I agree, have both and like both. My Jewell is really light, and I'm not sure how high it can be adjusted. The Timney is probably right in your sweet spot out of the box...

9. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

You will never regret spending the money on a Jewell. Super easy to adjust yourself with nothing to take apart. Small allen wrench, thats it. The Timney has a very wide trigger pad, some guys hate it, others don't care.

I just got a shipment in of Jewell's if you want to get one. > Jewell Trigger HVRTSBR-A 1.5 OZ – 3.5lbs | Shoot-Long

10. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

I ONLY use Jewel.

11. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

i have 4 shilen ; one jewell. you will like either. they feel different though. jewell is easier to install too.

12. Triple BB

Triple BB Well-Known Member

I bought a Timney and hated the wide pad. I never fired it and called Timney. They said send it in and include $7.50 for shipping. They put a factory width pad in, reset it to 2.5 pounds and sent it back. Great service...

13. azsugarbear

azsugarbear Well-Known Member

They are spendy, but I can't live without the Huber Concepts two-stage trigger.

14. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

I've got a Rifle Basix that I got on sale from Midway on a 5R that I really like. It's extremely consistent, and I like the pad width on my finger.